- The minimum age for the rental of a RV is 25, the maximum age is 79 years (21 to 24 years only with prior authorization).
- Pets are not allowed in any RV. Customer is fully responsible for all damages and a minimum fee of US$250.00 for cleaning/deodorizing applies.
Child Restraint Regulations:
- The customer is responsible to comply with all applicable laws. We recommend to either bring the car seat from home or have it shipped to the hotel to ensure that you can use the shuttle with your infant/child.
- Smoking is not allowed in any RV. A minimum fee of US$250.00 for cleaning/deodorizing applies.
- Traveling into Mexico is not permitted. There is no insurance coverage in Mexico
- Traveling into Death Valley is not permitted between June 15th and September 15th.
- Traveling within Alaska, Yukon and/or NWT is permitted. Road Bear RV must be advised at the time of reservation.
- Vehicles are winterized between November 1st. and March 31st., depending on the pick-up location (period may be longer depending on pick-up location and weather conditions). It is not possible to use the water-/waste systems during this time or when outside temperatures are below freezing.
See the Winterization Form (PDF:
German) for more information.
- Inner Cities of New York City, NY as well as Montreal and Quebec City in Canada are not permitted. No insurance coverage for vehicle theft in Montreal and Quebec City.
- Private-, gravel-, dirt- or logging roads and other non-public roads, beaches, etc. are prohibited, e.g. 'Apache Trail in AZ'
Road Bear RV will hold the customer fully responsible for accidents or mechanical breakdowns occurring in a travel restricted area. Insurance coverage will be void in case of violation.
- Payment for rental charges and other charges must be received 30 days prior to departure.
Without payment in "full" the RV will not be released to the customer.
- If payments are not received when due, Road Bear RV reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Payments in U.S. currency or checks; checks must be drawn on a North American bank payable to Road Bear RV. Bank service charges are the responsibility of the paying party.
- Local Taxes are due and payable in addition to the rental and/or purchase price. These Taxes vary depending on the Location and may change during the year without prior notice.
- AMEX, VISA and Master/Euro-Cards are accepted.
One free change per booking can be made up to 61 days prior to pick up, US$ 50.00 for any additional change.
Bookings will be revised to the rate and/or discount level (such as Early Bird, Super Deal Rate Code, etc.) applicable at the time of name, date, vehicle or location revision.
up to 31 days prior to rental date: 20% of rental price or at least US$ 300.00 will not be refunded.
30 days to 8 days prior to rental date: 50% of rental price will not be refunded ($300.00 minimum)
7 days to 4 days prior to rental date: 75% of rental price will not be refunded ($300.00 minimum)
3 days or less prior to departure date and no-shows: 100% of the rental price/deposit will be kept
No Refunds for Unused Portion
No refund will be given in the following cases:
- Vehicle is returned prior to the contracted dropoff date
- Prepaid miles are unused
- Client arrives late to pick up the RV or does not show up at all
Shuttle Service & Transportation
No transfers from/to Downtown areas. Complimentary transfers are only available from/to certain airport hotels and to the Int. Airports. Clients cannot pick up the RV the day they arrive from overseas or a transcontinental flight. We recommend staying the first night at an airport hotel or motel.Clients are not entitled to a complimentary transfer in case of late RV return.
Pick-up time is between 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM (Except Saturdays Please call local branch to arrange pick up time)
Road Bear RV requires a security deposit of US$1,000.00 at the time of pickup (Credit Card only).
Additional deposit may be required for special events e.g. 'Burning Man'.
Burning Man Special - PLEASE NOTE: The following restrictions and conditions apply:
A US$1,500.00 refundable cleaning and security deposit (credit card only) is required for this event! Name or credit card changes are not permitted on confirmed reservations and the main renter/credit card holder must be present at the time of vehicle pick-up. Vehicles will not be handed over in case of insufficient funds for the security deposit or to a 3rd party. The reservation will be cancelled and prepaid funds are forfeit! NO exceptions. Limited availability & rates subject to change at any time without prior notice.
Credit Card holder must be present at the time of RV pick-up.
Dropoff charges and/or damages will be charged to the credit card.
A valid national driver's license is required for each driver at the time of pick-up. An international driver's license is recommended for foreign customers.
If for any reason the booked RV should not be available, Road Bear RV reserves the right to substitute a higher-rated RV at no additional cost. Should a lower-rated RV be substituted, the liability is limited to the refund of the gross rate difference of the two vehicles.
Your Responsibilities while Operating the RV
Gasoline and Oil
The cost of propane, gasoline and oil are not included and Road Bear RV does not assume responsibility for estimates of consumption. All vehicles are delivered with full tanks and the customer is expected to return the RV with full tanks or will be charged for the refueling plus a service fee. Actual refueling costs are posted at each rental location.
The customer is responsible for checking engine oil and coolant levels at each refueling as well as reporting mechanical failures immediately. Coolant refills and authorized repairs will be reimbursed upon return of the RV and presentation of all receipts (see Mechanical Breakdown). It is the driver's responsibility to operate the RV in a safe manner and to exercise all caution possible.
For repairs exceeding US$ 50.00 the customer must call the Road Bear RV 24-hour toll free telephone assistance to obtain proper authorization. Non-authorized repairs exceeding US$ 50.00 will not be reimbursed. Receipts must be presented to Road Bear RV for reimbursement. Customer will be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in operation and/or maintenance. Customers are required to cooperate fully with Road Bear RV to remedy any problem.
Vacation Interruption Protection (VIP) Insurance
If Renter's motorhome vacation is interrupted by an automotive mechanical breakdown (=mechanical breakdown which does not allow to drive the motorhome safely anymore, e.g. engine failure, flat tire) for more than 12 working hours after reporting it to Road Bear RV the Renter will be reimbursed for the greater of: (i) the gross daily rate or (ii) expenses for hotel rooms up to US$25.00 per person per night and car rental up to US$50.00 per day per motorhome to a combined maximum of US$1,500.00 per rental agreement.
Such reimbursement is only possible against receipts and when we had the chance to take care of the problem and the customer cooperated to do so. Accidents, damages by the renter, defects and repairs of WiFi device, GPS, radio, TV, CD or DVD player, generator, AC, refrigerator, heater, water heater, slide-out room, awning, cruise control, etc. are not considered mechanical breakdowns and are excluded from VIP reimbursement. Refund of expenses is in any case only possible against proper receipts.
In the Event of an Accident
The customer must obtain a local police report as provided by the attending police officer investigating the accident. An accident report form is supplied to the customer and is located in the RV along with the registration and insurance papers.
Road Bear RV must be notified as soon as possible. A full-written report along with the other party's name, address, phone number, insurance information and driver's license number on the supplied accident report form will be required upon return of the RV. Damage and accident scene pictures should be taken and provided if at all possible.
All documents relating to the accident must include a police report number or identifying number.
Insurance coverage may be void if the above instructions are not followed.
It is the clients responsibility to report and pay for all parking/traffic violations at check-in. Failing to report these violations at drop off will cause a charge of an administrative fee of up to $100.00 plus the fine (including all late charges) to the clients credit card.
Drop off Time: Between 08:00 AM and 10:30 AM
- No complimentary transfers to the Airports and Hotels after 10:30 AM
- Charges for late RV return or unauthorized extension of the rental period: US $300.00 per day (plus applicable rental charges). The regular rental rates apply only with proper authorization through Road Bear RV prior to a rental extension.
- The clients are advised to return the RV with the interior cleaned and holding tanks dumped to avoid any cleaning/dumping charges.
- Tips & check list for returning your motorhome - download PDF:
- Generator use will be charged at US$3.00 per hour plus local tax
- Additional miles will be charged at US$0.45 per mile plus local tax
Insurance and Liability for Damage
Accidental Damage Covered by Insurance
- Motor vehicle accident
- Vehicle theft
- Windshield and glass damage
Note: There is a
US$1,000.00 deductible for all Accidental Damages.
Deductible applies per accident or damage and not per rental.
Damage NOT covered by Insurance
Negligent Damage. Customer assumes unlimited responsibility for Negligent Damage. "Negligent Damage" refers to accidents caused as a result of Driver's negligence and includes but is not limited to:
- Accidents occurring off public roads.
- Accidents occurring while backing up or parking without a guide.
- Damage caused by freezing of the vehicle's systems (it is not permitted to fill water- and/or waste tanks when temperatures are below freezing - please see Winterization).
- Deliberate or willful damage caused by renter or guests.
- Interior damages caused by renter or guests.
- Failure to maintain all fluid levels or follow proper operating procedures.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances.
- Traveling in restricted areas.
- Overloading the vehicle and exceeding the carrying or tow capacity.
- Carrying more passengers than having seat belts available.
- Failure to use specified fuel.
- Operation by anyone under 25 years or over 79 years of age unless approved by Road Bear RV.
- Damages and accidents caused during breach of rental contract or use of rented vehicle for illegal activities.
Note: No coverage is provided for travelers and their belongings in the rented RV under either policy.
Liability Insurance Included in the Daily Rental Rate
Public Liability Insurance to cover accidents in the event that the Renter is at fault. The policy protects the Renter/Driver to Statutory Limits (State mandated minimum liability coverage). Liability coverage is applicable in the state where the accident occured and current limits can be found here.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (Optional)
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) - Download brochure (PDF, 2.3MB) may be purchased for an additional fee. SLI provides the customer and any authorized driver on the rental contract with an increased limit of liability protection for up to US$1,000,000 toward 3rd party damage claims.